Success Rate Of Leukemia Treatment In India Has Risen To 90%
Overview - Leukemia
Leukemia is a type of cancer that starts in bone marrow and impairs the body's ability to make healthy blood cells. Bone marrow is the place where three main types of blood cells made that include:
- Red Blood Cells (RBCs) that carry oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues and take carbon dioxide to the lungs
- Platelets that help blood to clot
- White Blood Cells (WBCs) that help fight infections, viruses and diseases and are an important component of body’s immune system.
Generally, leukemia refers to cancers of the WBCs that may affect either of two major types of white blood cells known as Lymphocytes and Granulocytes. These cells i.e. Lymphocytes and Granulocytes circulate through the bloodstream i.e. circulatory and lymph system to help protect the body by fighting off viruses, infections and other invading organisms.
Leukemia that arises from cancerous lymphocytes is called Lymphocytic Leukemia whereas leukemia from cancerous granulocytes is called Myeloid or Myelogenous Leukemia.
When Leukemia begins, White Blood Cells produced by bone marrow, fail to mature properly and abnormal leukemic WBCs continue to accumulate and outnumber Red Blood Cells, Platelets and healthy White Blood Cells.
These immature leukemic cells are not capable of fighting infection and instead interfere with the functioning and production of other blood cells. Leukemia is either acute i.e. occurs suddenly or chronic i.e. develops gradually over time.
The four major types of Leukemia are:
- Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML)
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL)
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
Other rarer types of leukemia are:
- Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders.
Symptoms of Leukemia
During early stages of leukemia, symptoms are not noticed but appear differently as per type and stage of leukemia.
Common symptoms of leukemia include:
- Fatigue or Weakness
- Bruising or bleeding easily
- Fever often with chills
- Night sweats
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in bones or joints
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Pinhead-size red spots on the skin
- Frequent infections in the lungs, urinary tract or gums or around the anus
- Weight loss
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Splenomegaly i.e. enlargement of spleen
Treatment Options for Leukemia
Different types of leukemia can cause different problem and hence leukemia treatment depends upon type and stage.
Leukemia treatment involves procedures like:
- Radiation therapy
- Stem cell transplantation i.e. Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Biological Therapy
- Immune therapy
- Interferon therapy
- Targeted therapy
Best Leukemia Surgeons and hospitals in India
List of best surgeons associated with best hospitals for leukemia treatment in India are:
- Dr. Manas Kalra, Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Shishir Seth, Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Dharma Chowdhary, BLK Hospital, Delhi
- Dr. Rahul Bhargava, Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Dr. Vikas Dua, Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Dr. Hari Goyal, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Dr. Dipanjan Haldar, Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai
- Dr. Shantnu Sen, Kokila Ben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Dr. Sharat Damodar, Narayana Multispecialty Hospital, Bangalore
- Dr. Srikamth M, Apollo Hospital, Chennai
Success rate of Leukemia treatment in India
Success rate of leukemia treatment largely depends on type and stage of leukemia. However, by virtue of highly experienced and skilled oncologists and treatment facilities in India, the success rates of treatment for most common acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is over 90% in India.
Why international patients choose India for cancer treatment?
International patients choose India for cancer treatment as they are treated:
- By most qualified and experienced oncologists
- In World-class hospitals
- Using most modern treatment procedures
In addition, International patients get:
- Best nursing care
- Priority appointment and treatment without any wait list
- Ease of Visa
- High standard yet affordable hotel accommodation
Above all the leukemia treatment cost in India is extremely affordable that is just a fraction of what they would pay in Western or developed countries for the same procedure.
Contact Indian Med Guru Consultants to know affordable packages in India. Call +919370586696 or email at email@example.com.
Click here to know top leukemia surgeons in India : https://www.indianmedguru.com/blog/top-10-leukemia-surgeons-in-india/